World of Warcraft: Recurring Nightmares
Description: The undead Forsaken are a faction of former Scourge who have regained their free will. Led by the Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner, many Forsaken bear a bitter view of the living, as most living creatures look upon them with fear, derision, and hatred. Notable members of the Forsaken have embraced their state of undeath and moved beyond it, whether for altruistic purposes, or far darker intent.
Appearance: Forsaken, unsurprisingly, look like dead people. Their skin is gray and rotting, showing bone and flesh in places. Their pupil-less eyes glow with dim, white ghostlight. Their muscles are withered, making them scrawny. Their movements are slow but jagged. Forsaken hardly ever smile (unless their lips have rotted away – in which case they can appear to be smiling all the time). Necromantic magic keeps them somewhat preserved, but natural decay still proceeds, just slower than normal.
Faith: Even as they believe they have been abandoned by their faith, so have the Forsaken abandoned the faiths of their living days. Some still adhere to their old faiths, such as the Holy Light. Many no longer cling to any religion, placing their faith in their queen and their dark science.
Names: Like their Dark Lady, Forsaken keep the names they had when they were alive. As most Forsaken are human, these tend to be human names. If a Forsaken cannot remember their name, they may make up a suitable name or read one from a headstone. Some invent surnames that imply their desire to eradicate the Scourge.
- Male names: Roberick, Magan, Danforth, Lansire.
- Female names: Yellen, Limmy, Sarias, Mierelle.
- Family names: Dartfall, Blacksling, Ghoulhunter, Blastlich
+2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom: Undeath grants physical power but dulls both reflexes and senses.
Medium: Forsaken are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Shambling: Forsaken have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Gravesight: Forsaken can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Additionally forsaken are dazzled as long as they remain in an area of bright light.
- Forsaken have no Constitution score. Forsaken use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution.
- Forsaken are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
- Forsaken are immune to bleed damage, death effects, disease, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Forsaken are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain, and are immune to damage to physical ability scores (Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength), as well as to exhaustion and fatigue effects.
- Forsaken are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy.
- Forsaken are immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
- Forsaken do not risk death from massive damage, but are immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or fewer.
- Forsaken are not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect forsaken. These spells return a destroyed forsaken to their undead life; the Scourge’s curse makes it virtually impossible to bring a forsaken back to life as the person they were before they died.
- Forsaken do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that a forsaken can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required to survive or stay in good health.
Will of the Forsaken (Su): Once per day as an immediate action, a forsaken can switch the effects of positive and negative energies, healing positive energy and taking damage damage from negative energy. Due to the cauterizing effect the Light has on their bodies, whenever a forsaken is healed whilst this is active they are sickened for a round. This ability lasts for 1 minute once activated.
Languages: Forsaken begin play speaking Common and Orcish. Furthermore, forsaken with high Intelligence scores can learn Dwarven, Goblin, and Thalassian.
Favoured Classes: Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cavalier, Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Summoner, Wizard.